Description of Service
Claire Taylor is our Lead Nurse in the Macmillan Colorectal Cancer Team, with Macmillan Colorectal Cancer Specialist Nurses Maria Rakova and Manju Khanna.
The team offer the following services to all colorectal cancer patients:
- Emotional support
- Help with applying for grants/benefits
- Symptom control
- Discharge planning
- Referral to, and liaison with, the Community Macmillan services and other appropriate healthcare professionals (i.e. the Stoma Care team, Dieticians, the Chemotherapy team)
- Bowel management after rectal cancer treatment
- Reach for Recovery programme; for patients completing cancer treatment
- Advice regarding local support groups/counselling services
Location Within the Hospital
The team is based in the Macmillan Cancer Unit, in Level 6 of St Mark’s Hospital.
This service also covers Central Middlesex Hospital.
Hours of Service
The team are available from Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Claire Taylor, Lead Nurse: 020 8869 2472